To quote Lloyd Dobler "I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that."

Friday, May 05, 2006

What to do after a $4000 day.........

When I awoke today I had no idea it was going to so expensive to make it thru the day. I wonder if I hadn't gotten out of bed, would it have been this bad??
After thinking that we had fixed the fridge (or so we thought) I was hoping that everything would be fine and we would not have to pay $700+ for a new one....... but alas this is not the case. The fridge is truly broken. Okay so I accept this and continue with my day. Just a scant few minutes later I am in my car and discover that "something" is wrong. I can't get the gear to stay when I change it, not a good sign. And so I drive to the shop and I tell them what is happening. I also tell them that if it is the transmisson I don't want to know. Do you have any idea how much it is to replace a transmission?? In my last car I paid $2700 for a new transmission. I was already having a nervous breakdown. The count so far: 1 new fridge....$799, 1 new transmission.....$2000.....ouch! And then we go by the outriigger store. Ok, this will make no sense for those of you that do not know what an outrigger canoe is. I paddle. I paddle kayaks, surf skis, and outrigger canoes. An outrigger is the type of canoe that the early polynesians. Anyway, I was forced to fork over the $$$ for this baby. Whatevah! My bad. Then we get home and the microwave dies. SON. OF. A. BITCH. Currently I am afraid to move for fear that I will leave a path of appliance destruction in my wake.
(I think I need a new carbon fiber paddle to go with the canoe, God wants me to have one)

No comments: