To quote Lloyd Dobler "I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that."

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Someone must be writing all this down (part one)

My whole life I have had this belief that someone keeps track of everything that happens to us and everything we do. Not a god, more like a karmic ledger keeper. Not to be confused with a TrapperKeeper (For those South Park fans). Back to my point. I thought that there existed someone or thing that logged all the glasses of juice I drank, all the books I read, all the friends I had, all the times I did well in class....you get the point. I pictured this ledger as having a checks and balance appearance to it. One side all the good stuff and the other all the bad. I remember thinking one day many years ago that we, my family, had been incredibly fortunate that no one had been mugged, the house hadn't burned down, we hadn't suffered any great loss. It was a shortime later that my older sister died. She had been suffering from Anorexia for about 14 years at the point. She had finally seemed like she had turned a corner, moving towards a more healthy self-image. On June 29th she got married and the next day she went into cardiac arythmia on the way to her honeymoon and they were not able to save her. I saw this as a sign, like a balance had been struck. After all these years of fairly ordinary life there had to be some sort of reality check. That is life. I also thought that we would be passed over for a long time to come. And I guess that was not the way it worked. My mother died 2 and half years later. So now I think "we really deserve to left alone now".
And as the years have passed since this time I still believe this ledger exist. It is karma.
This last week somewhat proves to me my theory is just (and that is all that really matters to me).
I also beliieve that they keep track of all the money you spent on things that you never used, my entry must be embarassing.

No comments: