To quote Lloyd Dobler "I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that."

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Scolapendra...or something like it....giant centipede!!!

I awoke at 3am last night to a searing pain on my leg that was like someone had just set fire to the inside of my leg.......IT HURT. I tried to go back to sleep, but it was impossible. And then I had to be up at 6am and down at the beach by 7am for a full day of diving. All day all I could think of was this.................


It bit me and was painful......little f*cker.

In other news, tomorrow is the birthday of a very good friend of mine, she has birthed the children of half the people I know. She has a great heart. Her husband has arranged for all of us to be on this local beach when they come in on their two man Wa'a (hawaiian outrigger canoe). And then we celebrate, David has made Ceviche, I bought a lilikoi cheesecake, and my friend Dom will bring something good, it should be really nice. And she deserves it. Maybe I will post some pictures, a party with them is always photo worthy.

2 comments:

MarkD60 said...

Those things are poisonous here. Giant centipede. Be careful!

K8inHawaii said...

They are poisonous here too, I was just lucky it was a small one. My leg still hurts like a mofo. And last night I vacuumed the living daylights out of my room. I think it hitch hiked home from the beach in my backpack. (This is like the third time this has happened). Getting bit by one has been a fear of mine since I moved here. I have a friend whose house is over run with them (read: he kills like 2 a week). I was there one evening when I noticed that he was no longer making eye contact with me and was looking at the floor behind me, it begged the question "there is a centipede on the floor behind me isn't there? ..... I was right! Their house scares me.