To quote Lloyd Dobler "I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that."

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I love this!!!!!!!

http://www.planetdan.net/pics/misc/georgie.htm
I found it on www.bigmattress.com
The owner of this page was the DJ on a pretty great radio station (WBCN in Boston). When I was a kid they played old radio shows between 7 and 8 am every morning, I would listen with my mummy, It is on the list as one of the best things I remember from childhood. I always knew that Charles (DJ) was a good guy, but I was really happy when I discovered that he retired to Maui. If he ever reads this page I just want to say "thanks Charles, you have no idea how much you were a presence in my life growing up, that it was you at times that allowed my brother and I to get along (we both listened to you). That hearing Morning Mishigas made me smile a little after my sister died, that I listened to you as I rode around Boston as a bike messenger. That I felt like we lived amoungst royalty when I found out Ken Shelton (another DJ) lived on my street (one step removed from you). That even when my taste in music changed I still tuned in because you were kind of like old friends that I always knew would be there. "
Thanks Charles

No comments: